Famous Pirate Quotes!

I was scavengerin' over the Pirate101 Website, and I found some famous Pirate quotes! I bet all of ye have at least heard one of the following, but there were a few quotes that I had never heard of before. 
Here y'arr!     


"But why is the Yum gone?!" - A Pirate in the Spiral

"The average man will bristle if you say his father was dishonest, but he will brag a little if he discovers that his great-grandfather was a Pirate." — Bern Williams

"Where there is a sea there are Pirates" – Greek Proverb

"Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of Yum!" - Boochbeard's Pirate Crew 

"Let's jump on board, and cut them to pieces." – Blackbeard

"Life's pretty good, and why wouldn't it be? I'm a Pirate, after all." – Johnny Depp

“It is when Pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.” – William Bolitho


"Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be Pirates." - Mark Twain


Those are the ones from the Pirate101 website, but I did some more research and found these:


"Let's jump on board, and cut them to pieces." - Blackbeard (Johnson 81)


"Even pirates, before they attack another ship, hoist a black flag.” - Bela Kiraly


"Touch my loot, feel my boot." - Unknown Author


"Shiver me Timbers!" - Unknown Author


"A friend can betray you, but an enemy will always stay the same." - Unknown Author




Keep on sailing!
-Pirate SkyRider






This entry was posted on July 06, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Please keep all comments clean and friendly!
If you're 13 or younger, please have a parent or guardian approve you being able to submit a comment on a post. Thanks! :)